Often Partisan

Latest Carson Appeal Denied

It has emerged from Hong Kong that Carson’s attempt to get his criminal case heard in the High Court has been denied in court today.

Sharp Daily confirms that Carson’s case has been rejected today in court and that he will stand trial in the District Court with the case due to begin on April 29.

Radio Television Hong Kong goes on to state that Daniel Fung, who is Senior Counsel on behalf of Carson told the court that there had not been adequate reason given by the Department of Justice for not referring the case to the High Court. However, Carson was criticised by the Department of Justice for creating an unnecessary judicial review in an attempt to delay his case further. This is confirmed by Bloomberg also.

As further news comes in, I will update the blog.

(article updated 09:40 March 26)

 

Tags: ,

18 Responses to “Latest Carson Appeal Denied”

  • StevieW says:

    Judgement day is approaching for Carson and hopefully conclusion to our ownership dilemma if rumours are to be believed.

    But then again maybe it wont.

  • James says:

    Great news – hopefully the 29th April is the begining of the end for both him and PP

    KRO

  • Mark Y says:

    This is great news. I genuinely. Thought a further long delay was likely.the fate of Blues has been intrinsically to the day CY’s asset freeze came into force and when the court case verdict is announced this link should finally be broken one way or another.

  • prewarblue says:

    Many prayers have been answered with this news,,,,,maybe there is something after all having “Francis” as “Pope”

  • dove says:

    When is his trial now due to start ? Thanks for keeping us up to date with developments OP.

    • almajir says:

      As per the article, April 29. I’m waiting to see if there is any further leave to appeal.

      • Dave MacMillan says:

        where would it leave us if he is convisted and sent down for a long stretch, what then happens to him 20% odd of his shares

        • joe says:

          Was thinking the same, would the football league make him stand down from the club straight away? Also I think you said carson owns 26% of blues so who owns the other 74% and why have they never made the voices heard considering the way the club is at the moment

  • Farmer says:

    Wasn’t carsons last appeal turned down ,then another judge agreed to a delay,let’s hope there are no more appeals this time

  • Blueboy 88 says:

    Did CY’s pre-trial review booked for 9:30 am, Monday March 25 go ahead ?

  • Gary R says:

    Almajir – Are you saying that even though he’s had his latest appeal rejected, CY could STILL force a delay of his trial?

    • almajir says:

      I’m saying that until I know for sure the he can’t it remains a possibility.

      • Gary R says:

        The Blues Trust seem to think any further delay is highly unlikely. But yes, I can see why you’d want to cover yourself.

  • Tony says:

    Lets get it on now ffs

  • Paulo says:

    A decision that no doubt brings the reality of the trial closer, as well as the comment referring to yet another judicial review as ‘unnecessary’. This trial needs to happen asap. We have been hung out to dry because of this constant stalling and the unwillingness to sell. The best thing for the club is the security of financial investment ..the worst thing is to try and carry on like we have been doing, which is just unsustainable.

  • The Hurc says:

    If Carson is innocent then why is he constantly trying to delay a trial?

    He has had enough time to put his case together so if he is innocent they let the judicial service hear his case…unless of course he cannot find his evidence!

    Personally I don’t give a ‘vi!!a’ whether he is guilty or not as just want Blues to be on a safe financial footing and playing good football. Not much to ask from a football club.


Personalised Gifts for a Bluenose
Haircuts and League Cups
Open Tax Services
Corporate Solutions UK
PJ Planning
Rodal Heating

Archives